There are many different kinds of users of Concentration - the Memory Games. Some of you play concentration for the thrills: racing against the clock, trying to break your old high score. And there are others who just want to Play, with a capital P, not interested in timers and scores, but bothered by anything that distracts them.
Some of these players suggested some modifications, I hope these minor changes will make hundreds happier.
In Concentration - the Memory Games 5.0 you'll be able to play stress-free games. This means that you don't need to worry about scores and timers, winners and losers: just find matching pairs on the field. When starting a Stress-free Game (Game / New / Stress-free Game) you should know several things:
- In single player games there's no timing and no score is calculated.
- Since there's no score the results are not added to your personal statistics.
- In dual player modes there's no scoring.
- In single player mode at the end of the game the winning sound is played, no matter what.
- There's no winner announced in dual player modes.
- When playing against a computer opponent the winning sound is played at the end of the game, no matter what.
- When playing against a human opponent no sound is played at the end of the game.
The status bar displays player information, but show N/A instead of time and score. If you don't want to see this info, in 5.0 you can hide the entire status bar as well. On the screen shot you see the Assorted Sounds sound card set.
Stress-free Game Mode • Relax, No Need To Worry
There's a drawback, however. Since there's no scoring, no results are saved to the statistics, no high scores are made. To make sure this doesn't cause any disappointment, a new waring has been introduced. Whenever a stress-free game starts this waring is displayed. Of course, you can disable any warnings and reminders in the game.
Stress-free Game Mode Warning • Just to Make Sure
Some of you just asked if there was a way to disable losing sound, which can be annoying. Well, now there is, you can configure sound options and replace the sound that's played when you don't break a high score.
Of course, in this case scores and statistics are kept this is just a sound preference not affecting other game features.
Disabled Losing Sound • Never Hear it Again If it Annoys You
In this moment Concentration - the Memory Games 5.0 is not yet available. That's why this post is categorized under Feature Preview.